Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIt's called 'nuance'. Try not being allergic to it sometime.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2159060&mesg_id=2161455
2161455, It's called 'nuance'. Try not being allergic to it sometime.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Apr-11-13 11:56 PM
That's another point entirely, and I've talked about how poor
>their booking and character development have been several
>times already. However, you're the one that's constantly
>defending WWE on here, more than anyone else.

You shit on pretty much everything but John Cena.

When we talk about actual matches and actual promos, you're talking about buy rates and nielson ratings. You barely give actual opinions on actual wrestling because you're so consumed with ratings. You're like the guy who can't really articulate why he likes that new rapper and just falls back on shit like "he gets money".

Wrestlemania was a poorly written and executed show with quality matches. The company has excellent talent to work with but they're clueless in managing that talent on screen.

In other words, I can see the good and bad of the company.

You see ratings, buy rates, and merch sales.

I watch wrestling.

You watch numbers.

I'm a fan who talks about promos and matches.

You're a guy who talks about sales figures and public appearances.

In terms of our approach to professional wrestling, I'm The Real World season 1 and you're the fucking Jersey Shore. I'm thoughtful and possess reasonable perspectives and an appreciation of the art of it all while you're the most mainstream, commercial, insufferable number crunching executive type who can't see the forest for the trees.

I defend the good things about the company, you defend Cena.

>>No, we want them to present a show we like.
>
>You want to present a show YOU like. There is no "we".

SMH.

"we" is just whoever states what they want. Literally everyone wants a show they like, except you. You can't figure out whether or not you enjoyed the show until you see the ratings and buy rates.

>No; both convserations go hand-in-hand.

Sure, that's another conversation. You refuse to acknowledge that the two aren't joined at the hip.

>They're not mutually
>exclusive.

No, but they're not inseparable either. You have zero ability to compartmentalize.

Apparently you've never wanted something you couldn't afford or that was out of reach or unlikely to happen.

>Wrestling promotions exist to put people in seats.
>If they don't, they don't stay in business. That's been true
>for over 100 years.

How insightful.

I'm a fan, so I express what I want to see.
If I were the owner of the damn company, what I would want to see would change to a degree.

You don't understand the difference between the two You can't separate them. You're the worst type of fan imaginable because you have zero passion for it. You talk about it like an accountant, not a fan.

>No, but to tell those that are making billions of dollars
>developing a product with that bullshit to stop so they can go
>out of business making things that you like is stupid and
>destructive.

So are you implying the WWE would go out of business by turning Cena heel?

You talk about me defending the WWE, but I'm not drunk off the one trick pony kool aid. Then again, you're a republican, so fear mongering is part and parcel for you. If it's not this way, we're all doomed!

lol

Cena could never wrestle again and they'd keep on trucking just fine, because it's the fucking WWE and Cena's just a guy.