Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDo you like music? Let me break it down like this...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2159060&mesg_id=2161301
2161301, Do you like music? Let me break it down like this...
Posted by Oak27, Thu Apr-11-13 05:45 PM
Lets say your favorite, indy artist gets signed to a major label. You know what's coming. He's going to put out a shitty product and change his sound completely because he needs to get on the airwaves and sell records.

Now, by the way you're saying people like Cold Truth "don't get it" or whatever it is your argument is, you're saying as a fan of said artist you CAN'T wish he would put out better material in the future, because you understand that business-wise it doesn't make sense to stop putting out radio bullshit that his old fans don't like.

Yes, we KNOW it doesn't make sense to turn Cena heel BUSINESS WISE. But we don't GIVE A FUCK if the WWE makes a little less money in this fiscal year. As the AUDIENCE, we want the BEST PRODUCT POSSIBLE, or at least a BETTER product than what we are getting right now. And we think that a change in Cena's character or a heel turn would create a better product.

Again... we UNDERSTAND that it's not best for business to let the golden boy turn to the dark side, but it would make for a much better storyline and show.

I mean, do you turn on Raw every Monday night and say "Boy, I hope they make a lot of money tonight!" or "I hope this show is fucking great"?