Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThat truly is an idea.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2159060&mesg_id=2160394
2160394, That truly is an idea.
Posted by Dr Claw, Tue Apr-09-13 11:19 AM
>Something to consider; what's more heel than not giving a shit
>what the fans think? Every heel ever has said "I DON'T CARE
>WHAT YOU PEOPLE THINK" but when John Cena says it he means it.

This is how I think Cena has the potential to be something fresh and new. As Austin and Bret flipped traditional roles in 1997... they both did so by a more outward display. Austin by cussin', dressing in dark colors, playing dirty. And Bret just by being the other side of that (granted, he too was cussin'... in one of the most CLASSIC Raw sequences ever).

If Cena continues with this "smug" quiet "F.U." to his detractors, and just acts like he doesn't care, he's just going to -win-? He doesn't have to tear up signs, he doesn't have to be antagonistic to kids (or "good" guys). He just needs to be intense when it calls for it ala HHH in the late '90s. HHH was definitely a "heel" in the traditional sense, but I think until he ended up being the guy who they went to time and time again for "evil" acts, he straddled an interesting line. It was a way to get out of that "D-X" persona and at the same time stay fresh.

Cena could be an even more "new" heel. I don't trust WWE to be that subtle, but we'll see.