Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYou're romanticizing the quality of Wrestlemania matches.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2159060&mesg_id=2159454
2159454, You're romanticizing the quality of Wrestlemania matches.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Apr-08-13 09:44 AM
There are but a handful of WM shows that delivered amazing matches, amazing stories and amazing moments all in one night.

As far as telling me where I set the bar and that I'm easy to please, I don't see where you get this from. You need to go back and rewatch this Mania and the last 15 Manias, because there's an awful lot of bad matches to be had on many of those shows, and last night had but one bad match to it's credit.

WM isn't chock full of amazing matches everytime out and anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves.

There are maybe five Manias that delivered on that level.

After Rock/Cena, Henry/Ryback, every match was 'pretty good' at a minimum.

The actual matches wasn't the problem with this Mania, the lack of balls was.

-Turn Orton
-Dolph cashes in
-Cena goes HAM on Rock and at least goes halfway heel/ruthless aggression to win.

If those three things happen, we're talking about a completely different feel and dynamic to the show. The issue was the lack of a gripping narrative, not the matches.

I'm not 'easy to please', but you lack any real nuance to your perspective. It's either a terrible show or a great one, no in between. I pointed out the good and the bad of the show, and someone who is easy to please doesn't do that.