Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthat's a sexy little lineup
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2155715&mesg_id=2232540
2232540, that's a sexy little lineup
Posted by Drizzit, Wed Sep-18-13 10:18 AM
the pitching? we'll see.

1. i'm assuming with how his power profiles, The Buxton Ascent will be moved to a corner OF position. do you take the swaths of green in LF or the cannon arm in RF? think i'd take left just to see what him and hicks can do ... i mean, there's no sense in moving hicks to LF, is there?
2. have we really "missed" on every single high draft pick that was a pitching prospect? we have some interesting people in the low minors, but gibson/wimmers are the New Nope. we traded for may/meyer. i think my pessimism in the twins pitching prospects is coming back full swing. to that end ...
3. when does the honeymoon period end? are we (royal) really going to continue to support a AAAA team/pitching staff every year on our way to 90+ losses? is there a point where the FO might actually open the wallet for a top end arm? if they are committed to winning or righting this ship, they have to realize santana/F-BOMB as top of the rotation talent were key ingredients. sure, buxton/sano are great for keeping me interested, but it doesn't really matter if the other team is scoring 7-8 a night off our pitchers.

we've been over most of this before, but it's fun to pick at scabs. chicks dig scars ... or something.