Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI could watch Mauer knock around mid-rotation righties endlessly
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2155715&mesg_id=2202039
2202039, I could watch Mauer knock around mid-rotation righties endlessly
Posted by Walleye, Thu Jun-27-13 07:15 AM
It's just fun. Mauer vs. Slowey. You already know what's going to happen. Sadly, the Twins rotation vs. any MLB lineup has virtually the same level of certainty. I hope Kyle Gibson gives us reason to be excited on Saturday. He's not going to turn around the season himself, or even necessarily be a net improvement over whoever he's replacing this time (DeVries, Hernandez, Hendriks have all occupied the same spot but who does it properly belong to?) but semi-regular glimpses of future rotation competence just sounds really nice right now.

In other news, Sano had three hits in a doubleheader yesterday and none of them were singles. A homer, double, and triple. I think he walked too. up to .191/.305/.489.

Ideally, over the next couple weeks we'll see him start to trim the 29% strikeout rate; keep the 16% walk rate; and approximate the 66% extra base hit rate. Just approximate though. That last one might be impossible to genuinely sustain, though it anybody can do it, it's Miguel MEJOR.

In other news, Jose Berrios went seven innings and struck out nine. Five hits and two runs. Kepler hit another homer and drew another walk.