Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThose percentages don't mean that they aren't inconsistent.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2147628&mesg_id=2148079
2148079, Those percentages don't mean that they aren't inconsistent.
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Mar-15-13 11:04 PM
Tim and Nik are streaky as heck. The averages for the season are nice but there are games that they can't miss at ALL and games that they can't hit anything at ALL. Before B1G play I believe Nik was at over 60% from three point range which is insane, but that shows you how cold he's gotten lately that its only at 46%. But Tim and Nik almost never have those swings within the same game, so if they are cold, it's hero ball time at the end of the game for Trey.

GRIII is strange. He'll go entire halfs without taking a shot at times. I don't think that's Trey's fault, it just seems like Beilein hasn't found a way to actually incorporate him within the offense. It seems like the only plays we run are screens, and he isn't usually involved in that so he just gets garbage put backs or takes open jumpers that he happens to get on rotations.

I'm not saying that Trey doesn't force shots when he shouldn't, but I understand where that mentality comes from.