Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'd like Colorado in.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2147628&mesg_id=2147738
2147738, I'd like Colorado in.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Mar-15-13 11:25 AM
Their only losses against teams with an RPI below 100 are Oregon State, which they played without Andre Roberson, and Utah, a team that beat Boise State, Oregon, and lost two games to Arizona and a game to UCLA by a combined 11 points.

Their RPI and BPI are each 39. Strength of schedule is 3 in the BPI system, 20 in the RPI system.

But yeah, Baylor would be better than California for me. Baylor has a lower RPI (65 to Cal's 54), but they have a higher BPI (44 to Cal's 55). While Cal doesn't have a loss as bad as Northwestern, they haven't played a high-seed tourney team since UCLA on Valentine's Day, whereas Baylor has blown out Kansas and taken Kansas State and Oklahoma State down to the wire.

I don't mind Cal in theory, as a win at Arizona is great, their SOS is strong, and they don't really have a bad loss.

I just wish the committee would put an emphasis on strong RECENT play, as Baylor has shown they can hang with the best in the country, they certainly have the talent to hang in the tourney, and they'd simply make the tourney better.