Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDiLeo's just a foot soldier, hes had almost every job u could have there
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2141908&mesg_id=2142320
2142320, DiLeo's just a foot soldier, hes had almost every job u could have there
Posted by Bombastic, Wed Mar-06-13 10:18 AM
Dude has been Head Coach, Director of Scouting, General Manager, VP of Ops, Head of Marketing & Promotion.

In each of those roles, he never really was the final decision maker and he's still not.

He supposedly got the gig because all their other GM options weren't interested in taking on the role while Collins had final say.

That being said, I don't share Guinness' cynicism about Josh Harris, Fresh Prince & the ownership group.

They took a big cut & struck out with the Bynum plus shooters strategy but the reality is they were still ballsy enough to recognize that last year's playoff run was fool's gold & to get rid of the Iguodala type of contracts that kept us mediocre.

Now we have our two best players both young an under control on reasonable deals with no major money due anyone on the roster or locked up past 2014.

I think unlike Ed Snider they might actually care about building a winner here bcuz they know it's a license to print money in this city if they do.

I'm gonna wait & see what they do. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut ties with Collins.