Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI have to watch the pass again but looked good to me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2140272&mesg_id=2140766
2140766, I have to watch the pass again but looked good to me
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Mar-04-13 08:32 AM
>Allowed Clark to recover just enough to get his hand in from
>behind and once Josh bobbled and started falling out of bounds
>(with no timeouts), it was going to be a tough possession.

I tried finding it just now but of course every recently uploaded Josh Smith highlight on youtube is of him getting yammed on.

My thing is you know the play coming out of the time out and you know you have a good shot of getting the ball. You have to be prepared to make that catch. Just like in football they get on wrs for not grabbing a ball that hit him in the hands. He had to make that play. Then on the catch, with his athleticism, he was still in a position to just go up. If he was ready it couldve been a quick drop step even with the initial bobble. Ron was on his hip.

Update: (found a shitty highlight from yahoo)
Dwight had a canopy over him so there was a slight chance of at least getting a call ( even tho they dont always make that oen end game). The attempt to pass it out was just pathetic he didnt even look. He had horford a foot away. Im sure it was hard to see him in the traffic, but the ball just being thrown out blindly...eh

I thought he was closer to being out of bounds but he really wasnt that close.

I monday morning QBacking, but it wasnt on Devin. That pass wasnt necessarily a bulet but given the angle he had, it was rigt where it needed to be. Only maybe a nanosecond too late.

Lets not even talk about his 0-6 from the line since thats a different play.