Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI've been describing it for years here
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2136102&mesg_id=2137208
2137208, I've been describing it for years here
Posted by Lightfoot, Mon Feb-25-13 02:10 PM
It's pretty simple. His ability to get inside, land, and not get hit is uncanny. There is a reason why his opponents can't find his above-average sized head even as he is *constantly* entering punching range. I don't have to tell you they can't because they all say so themselves after the fights. The only time he really got caught was against Holt and for most rounds Holt couldn't find him either--and like a lot of guys Holt said so himself after the fight. Bradley was more tentative against Pacquiao, but otherwise he is always aggressive, always pressing, and he rarely pays for it. His head movement is subtle but it is as effective as that of anybody in the game not named Mayweather or Ward.

Berto gets hit cleanly a lot. So does Guerrero--in every serious fight he's in (other than maybe Katsidis) he's gotten hit flush. Bradley doesn't, because his head and upper body movement is miles better than either of those guys. And that is as important a skill as anything in boxing.

I mean you know I don't just make shit up.