Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAlright, I bit hard on that pump fake.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2133663&mesg_id=2146507
2146507, Alright, I bit hard on that pump fake.
Posted by Jayson Willyams, Wed Mar-13-13 01:24 PM
>But you are the template for every complacent lions fan.
>While you've been waiting for a QB, I've been waiting for a
>Super Bowl*. Guess you win though.

I promise I'm not, but that's a fair dig considering my post. I read Lions boards (because I hate myself) and see people earnestly arguing to trade Stafford and Suh. "NE1 think we can get 6 first round picks 4 Calvin??!?", shit like that. Like the entire fanbase is playing franchise mode on Madden 03. I'm...touchy.

>We HAVE. GOT. TO. GET. A. DEFENSE.

They're working on it? Jason Jones came in today, and I think Grover Quinn is the next signing. I bet we'll see something similar to last year's draft, when 6 straight picks went to the back 7. Only difference is (hopefully) we get a playmaker in the first, instead of waiting till the 3rd. Milliner in the first, Carradine in the second...a man can dream.

Point being, with Suh (and possibly Stafford) restructuring, I don't think signing Reggie will keep them from doing anything they want on the defensive side of the ball. It looked like it was a zero-sum game at this point last week, but the landscape is different now.

AND all of our weapons on offense were running at like 70% capacity without a back like Best or Bush. We're going to put a lot more TDs on the board next year.

>*Hell even a playoff win and or consistent playoff
>appearances.
>
>I just wanna win and I assure you I am not Johnny Lions
>fan,.....AT ALL.

Forward down the field, boys. Forward down the field.