Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectJason's best>>> anyone else's . LOL@"Nique dunks harder"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2127951&mesg_id=2128254
2128254, Jason's best>>> anyone else's . LOL@"Nique dunks harder"
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Feb-08-13 01:54 PM
>That contest only had 2 dunks that were super dope.

Vince had ONE "super dope" dunk and a few cool dunks. J-Rich's 02 performance>>>>>>>Vince's overall. That reverse 180 off the bounce (one handed if I remember correctly) bodies everything Vince did in his contest.

Vince had hype and the return of the contest on his side. J fucking smashed the contest into a whole new era of creativity and reset the bar.

Oh and his through the legs off the glass makes it even worse for Vince. Nothing Vince did is anywhere near that level of creativity, difficulty or athleticism. Oh and his through the legs reverse in 03? It's GOAT.

>Everything else was 'good'. It's just that he did normal
>dunks off lob bounces that made them creative. The best dunk
>was the lob bounce between the legs joint. But Nique dunked
>WAAAAAAAAAY more powerful than J-Rich. Which made his dunks
>resonate more.

I could care less who was "more powerful". This shit ain't about power, it's about creativity. Unless you're shit is baby soft, how hard you dunk is a VERY minor element. We're not watching to see who rattles the rim harder, we're watching who get's there in the most creative way.

>>Vince's contest was a high mark for the contest itself,
>>because he brought back legit star power and pulled out some
>>unique dunks. But a lot of what made that contest great was
>>because of the VC hype, and it was a superstar dunking which
>>had become rare.
>
>No, you better go back and watch Vince's dunks. The hand in
>the rim? 360 windmill opposite side of the rim off the FIRST
>dunk, same shit from behind the back board, remixing J-rich's
>shit by having a team mate (who could fuck up the pass more
>than just tossing it) and the two hand glide from just inside
>the FT. That shit SONS j-rich's contest...easy.

LOL. The three dunks I named fuck Vince up the ass and nuts in his mouth. The Vince contest being a high mark is also a testament to actual stars participating, and the fact that the contest had returned.

>Jordan's dunks were about grace cuz you couldn't appreciate
>them fully without the slomo. Regardless of Nique's dunks
>being standard, they were powerful. That made them that much
>more detrimental. J-Rich just combined a few.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Nique and Mike are pretty boring in comparison. ALL you got about Nique is power and that shit really doesn't matter. That's a poor argument for Nique, because you know good and well he is not fucking with J creatively.

>No, no and no. He was more creative than Nique, not more
>powerful and I'll give him a difficulty level edge but that
>still doesn't surpass Nique cuz the power discrepancy is so
>wide.

This is absurd. The difficulty "edge"? That gap is wide as fuck in J's favor. Creativity? Another massive gap favoring J. Power? Nobody cares about that shit. It's so immaterial it's hysterical.

>Jordan's dunks are difficult as hell given his
>movements and they were super creative (outside of the FT
>thing)...

Super creative? SUPER creative? Nah. The last decade has been super creative, despite some valleys in the midst of those astounding peaks, and Mike nor Nique is fucking with it. At all. It's not even a discussion. It's a nostalgia thing and nothing more. Those two have been lapped in the creative department several times over.

Iggy's behind the backboard jam sons everything either guy ever did. Had someone else pulled that shit out in the Mike/Nique contest? It's a wrap.

>think J-Rich was prolly a little more entertaining but I'd
>actually call it a draw personally. And I put money to this:
>J-Rich would struggle to nail the fist in the rim dunk and the
>two handed glide that Vince did. Vince actually did J-Rich's
>best dunk with ease. That's a no contest there.

The fist in the rim is an impressive athletic feat but a visually boring dunk. The two handed glide is in the same category.

Sorry AB, I like you an shit but you're way, way, way off. Your Chi loyalty and nostalgia are impeding your objectivity.

J is in a league by himself with the three dunks I mentioned. You keep finding ways to trivialize them but the arguments are pretty weak for Nique (The fact that you keep bringing up his power in a contest of creativity seems a little desperate) and Mike (he's so graceful! lol).

Vince realistically had one OMG dunk and two others on par (the T Mac and the behind the back board), and J's three sons those.