Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOKP Survivor Week 14: Ouch!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2123089&mesg_id=2123089
2123089, OKP Survivor Week 14: Ouch!!!
Posted by auragin_boi, Thu Jan-31-13 11:59 AM
Injuries man....injuries.

As I've recently hit the injured list (possible ACL tear) and there have been multiple injuries in the league lately, I've decided to dedicate these rankings to aches and pains. Good news is that my orthopedic doc says he doesn't think the ACL is torn but I may have a meniscus tear and a bone bruise. MRI due sometime within the next week. *Pray to whatever higher being you believe in for my left knee* Thanks!

With that said...

Rankings:

Rank/Team (record, avg, last rank)
1-Duval County: (28-14, 294.6, 1)
W9 and CP3 is having knee issues. Still no one is catching Frank. General Vasquez and Allstar David Lee are holding fort.

2-Theodesia: (27-15, 270.1, 6)
Timmy has sat a few games with "old knees" but other than that, theo's team is rolling (10-2 since last rankings).

3-East River: (25-17, 270.5, 2)
Mullens ankle has him out but doesnt matter with Horford and Bosh being CF's. Sully's playing more and as such, his back is now sore. Surprise, surprise. Paul George and Wessy pushing this team to the top of the Hubie though.

4-Villanova: (25-17, 261, 7)
Amare is back and beginning to pick it up but with Camby(old), JO(old) and Booz(hamstring) all ailing, I expect this team to slump some over the next 4-5 games.

5-Coney Island: (25-17, 267.8, 3)
Big Baby's Big Broken Bone Bids Binding Benefits Because Binding Befits Better Barefoot Bones. Say that 10x fast! Ha! And JaVale's shin? More like George Karl's impatience.

6-Cerritos: (24-18, 271.7, 10)
Did Kaman suffer a concussion or something? Anywho, doesnt seem to be hurting Shawn much as his team is balling (Okafor and Noah are DESTROYING stats lately).
Current reason I hate Shawn: Jimmy Butler (good pick up)

7-Houston: (21-21, 246.9, 12)
Relatively healthy minus Zaza. Calderon traded means Lowry should start balling IMMEDIATELY. I'm just hoping he helps Rudy gun his way to 1.05-1.10 for the rest of the season. I guess I have to start paying attention to LABeat again. But don't act like your ass didn't hibernate for 2 mos while me and the Shark did the Kid N Play on your ass. Uh huh.

8-South Texas: (20-22, 269.3, 9)
Steph Curry's ankles. Ersan balling tho.

9-Northeast Regional: (21-21, 254.3, 8)
No injuries. Yay!!! LeBron is a baller.....
That's all I got. *shrug*

10-CHI:ESL: (23-19, 253, 4)
*throws chair a la Bobby Knight* 2-9 in last 11 games. Conley's ankle and Deng's Hammy didn't help. Only optimism is that team is about to turn things around and Granger might be back soon. That and team was so far ahead in the Walton losing stretch didnt cost it the lead.
:-)

11-Hollywood: (22-20, 256.2, 5)
Dwight's a bitch and I didn't draft him for that reason. Now he's having shoulder issues. SMH...damn for Ryan. Go Lakers?

12-Washington: (18-24, 257.9, 14)
On the low, Basa's squad has been heating up. Thanks to Kobe trying to actually share the load and Kyrie scoring like his life depends on it. Tristian took a while but he's bamma'd out too. Though that finger issue has to be a concern.

13-Motor City: (17-25, 253.4, 13)
No injuries but team effort is on the IR. In last 10 games only 2 players on the roster avg 1.00 FPPM or better. No wonder they are 1-5 in their last 6 games.

14-NYC: (17-25, 245.2, 11)
To be Looooooved, to be Looooooved, OH WHAT A FEELING!!! To be Loooooooooooooooved. And Eric Gordon ain't as much help as once thought huh? LOLrookieLOL

15-Springfield: (13-29, 236.3, 15)
Bogut back (but for how long), Jonas ailing. Team sux. Might string together a few wins with Bogut in the line up but...safe to say, new champ this year?

16-Brooklyn: (10-32, 233.3, 16)
5-7 since last rankings. Couple 300 games in there too. Now imagine if Bynum had come back a month ago. Now add to that if D-Rose comes back in the next 2 weeks. He'd be at least close enough to the 6 seed to make a push and would be the scariest team heading into the 'offs. But...as it stands. Dead:Coffin. Kudos to Boogs for holding his injured guys though. A trade for one or either at this point (especially with him out of the picture) would just be shady as hell (should have done it a month ago...ya know, when I asked lol).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RACE WAR:

Since last rankings, the blacks have won the matchups 43-53. The last two game days were particularly damaging (1-7, 0-8) and they've won 20 of the last 24 matchups.

With that...we are all even at 80-80 with 12 game days left.

IT'S HEATING UP!!! WILL DJANGO GO UNCHAINED?!?! OR WILL THE WHITE MAN'S WILL PREVAIL!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TRADE DEADLINE:
Lastly, the trade deadline is next Wednesday, February 6th at Noon PST so get your last minute deals done.

A_B...injured knee...ouch...err...um...out!