Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject1. Am I the only one catching Bash At The Beach vibes w/EC?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2120664&mesg_id=2129917
2129917, 1. Am I the only one catching Bash At The Beach vibes w/EC?
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Feb-11-13 10:16 PM
The three "invaders" vs the the "company" guys thing just seems very peculiar to me. I'm not making any predictions, and the chances of it happening are nonexistent, but I'm still catching smallish vibes of a Hogan turn with it turning out that Cena has been working with the Shield this entire time.

2. Fantastic intro w/ Paul and Punk. They've got a card up their sleeve.

3. This is a very good crowd. They've been hot for everything thus far, though they dipped during the Swagger match.

4 Which leads me to Dutch. Why not just call him Dutch? Play up his history a little bit, with the guys he's trained. Embellish and give him more responsibility for Steve Austin than he actually had.

At any rate, I ain't mad at the "Real Americans" gimmick. It's pretty much just an inverted version of the Sgt Slaughter anti-American turn to be honest, with him hating foreigners instead of Americans. On the surface, I get why others aren't thrilled with it but I think it's a little oversensitive to be honest. To be honest, the biggest downside is the potential to backfire- they just might get a lot more cheers than they expect with this.

Also, it works perfectly with pushing Del Rio as a face. I like that direction for this, especially with DM in the mix. In the end, while I actually like the idea, it's probably not going to go over too well. I guarantee if Linda was still in the midst of a senate race this would not happen.

Damn good start to the show though.