Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectfantastic points...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2120664&mesg_id=2123707
2123707, fantastic points...
Posted by Af-1, Fri Feb-01-13 11:56 AM
but I do think that's a slightly romanticised perspective. (Only slightly though.)

IMO, the single biggest turning point moment of his career was when he stood in that ring with Michaels, Hall and Nash just before H&N's departure to WCW. Marks across the world took notice of him and DX probably wouldn't even exist if not for that single moment. I think it's undeniable he's been afforded opportunities but he's coincidentally or calculatingly aligned himself with people and situations that guaranteed success. By being aligned with them, he actually had more power behind the scenes than he had on camera.

All I'm saying is that if that's something he was going to be called on, there's a genuinely something to that.

I just want to stress that I'm only defending the 'what if' nature of my question, not specifically saying this is the gospel truth, just an opinion. You're right ultimately, in that he was handed an opportunity and made the absolute best of it like many many others haven't.