Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYou were wrong about Miz going into Mania. You've been 100% since.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2120664&mesg_id=2123578
2123578, You were wrong about Miz going into Mania. You've been 100% since.
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Feb-01-13 12:44 AM
>The Miz is liquid duck feces.

Since Mania he's been just that. Well, his program with R Truth was nice until the Cena feud. He also hasn't outgrown his painfully amateur mannerisms.

>Del een Rio is painfully boring.

I like him as a face, personally. I loved his initially vicious heel run but he did get boring. His current program with Show is very good though.

>Kofi Kingston is corny

Agreed. I liked his run vs Legacy but that was it. He still wows from time to time, though his chair jumping at Rumble jumped the shark. His occasionally exciting performances don't make up for his bland persona and generally boring ring work. OMG, ANOTHER REALLY HIGH JUMPING PUNCH!! just doesn't cut it with me.

>Sheamus is even cornier.

Nah. He's legit as fuck in ring. His persona is cheesy and needs work, I admit. In ring, he may well be their best big man and I'm not so sure it's close. His program with show was damn near a clinic on how to do a program with two massive brawlers.

>And still; I'm a Damien Sandow mark. I can't wait to see where
>the Shield goes over the next year. Ziggler is always a great
>watch and I was the first person here to compare him to Kurt
>Angle.

Ziggler is what prompted my response. He can hang with anyone, The Rock included. I guarantee he'd prove it were he given the chance. He's ready for that shot right today and has been for awhile- but he still needs that shot to prove it. I think that you underestimate him, even as you express your admiration. I thought the Angle thing was a stretch because I consider Angle during his relatively brief WWE run to be one of the all time greats.

>That being said, I don't think Ryback is ready for the strap
>or for Brock Lesnar especially. Brock pulverized the typically
>invulnerable John Cena last year, he's the most athletic WWE
>champion ever. I feel that putting Ryback in there with Lesnar
>would be a psychological mismatch from a fan's perspective and
>even just visually you'd find that Ryback isn't nearly as big
>as Lesnar.

That's why I proposed the 'Rocky 3' story arc. It fits perfectly IMO; Ryback is pretty much invincible against the WWE regulars, so when he meets a true monster in Brock, he sees how outclassed he is. You run with his determination to reach that level and do it.

I'd buy Punk and Orton as legitimate foils for
>Lesnar before I would Ryback easily.

Those two are much more established, obviously, and have proven they can pull off excellent programs with anyone. I argue Ryback from a money standpoint though- he would get a tremendous rub from a program with Brock that would elevate him a few notches. He's a made man right now, but he still has room to grow. It's all in the story though, and IMO my concept for that is an excellent one.