Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOh, so you missed the entire point of my post. How unsurprising.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2120664&mesg_id=2122995
2122995, Oh, so you missed the entire point of my post. How unsurprising.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jan-31-13 09:37 AM
My point was the real money is in using Rock to solidify stars other than Cena. You know, like we just saw with Punk. There are other guys he could be used to enhance their presence in more direct way, not just by happening to be booked on the same show.

Rock and Cena or just the Rock or Brock showing up his nothing more than manipulating the ratings. It's not a true reflection of the audience. You get some spikes in interest, but long term you haven't made people care enough about your less established stars. You haven't Made any new superstars, you haven't taken anyone to a higher plain, you've merely manipulated ratings and garnered additional mainstream interest for a night.

What has more value in the long run- a hot shot feud with a guy whose legacy is already firmly established, or elevating a younger guy into that spot? There's money, and there's smart money. Rock/Cena II is not smart money because it doesn't make anyone new. Rock/Ziggler, Rock/Ryback... or Brock/Ryback for that matter... further pushes those guys UP the ladder and UP in the minds of those casual fan who otherwise might not be watching.