Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDolph Ziggler gets it (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2120664&mesg_id=2122218
2122218, Dolph Ziggler gets it (swipe)
Posted by ZooTown74, Wed Jan-30-13 11:02 AM
pwtorch.com:

>WWE NEWS: Has locker-room resentment toward The Rock faded? Ziggler says his view has changed

By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor
Jan 30, 2013 - 9:25:37 AM - Printer Friendly Page

At least publicly, so-called "locker room resentment" toward The Rock has faded during Rock's third consecutive WrestleMania Season with WWE.

During an Australian radio interview promoting WWE's upcoming tour, Dolph Ziggler offered a revised view that Rock's return means "more eyes on WWE, which means more eyes on me."

Asked if he thinks Rock's seasonal involvement hurts the development of full-time stars, Ziggler said, "I used to - a year or two ago, I would be like, 'Ah, Rock is back for a month to take all the big spots, right?' No.

"He is back to bring more eyes to WWE than maybe wouldn't have been on them. The whole thing is to get a new audience to cross over and enjoy our show. In the long run, him being in that spot and coming back and giving back to WWE will bring - hopefully - lots of eyes who normally wouldn't see it.

"They go, 'Hey, I'm going to watch WrestleMania for The Rock. Oh, Dolph Ziggler stole the show. I'm going to watch next Monday when Rock isn't around.'"

Part of what drove locker-room resentment was the perception that Rock was off in Hollywood doing B or C-Level movies as a wannabe movie star. Now that Rock is a proven box-office draw and is involved in some major movie projects, WWE stars are taking him more seriously.

"We used to be like, 'Oh, he's in a couple of movies, he's coming back.' But, he's a huge star," Ziggler said. "It's great for WWE and just another feather in his cap for him."