Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectPunk just had the title forever, but that's the point.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2120664&mesg_id=2121255
2121255, Punk just had the title forever, but that's the point.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jan-28-13 05:18 PM
>Punk just had the title forever though.

He's on level now. He doesn't need the title anymore to be a major player to center a show around.

>Bryan, I do like.
>
>Sheamus sucks IMO. Boring. I've never enjoyed anything he's
>done.

Man, I'm sorry to hear you say that. He's fucking legit in ring. I agree his character is weak; he needs to be edgier and he's too jokey-joke IMO... but his ring work is superb. He's one of the best big men in a generation, a Hoss Fight superstar. He puts on excellent matches. I challenge you to give him an open minded shot and watch him in ring. He's a worker.

>Haven't seen Ambrose wrestle yet, so I can't comment.

He oozes charisma. He's got that HBK circa OG DX swag.

>Big Show is no different than he's ever been to me. Not
>someone I want to see in the title picture.

Nah he's being used very well right now. Can't agree there.

>Ziggler, Barrett, and Cesaro have potential, I agree. None of
>them have been built enough for the title yet though or have
>done anything all that great. Ziggler's getting close, he
>just needs a good build.

Nah, Ziggler's there. He doesn't need a build any longer- they need to throw his ass into the title picture and let him run with it for like 6 months. He's ready for that picture. Cesaro is a legit beast in-ring and merely needs the right face to work with. A program with Daniel Bryan would be amazing.

>At the present moment, there's not one of those guys who I
>really think should be champion. Bryan and Ziggler could get
>there soon, Punk just had it. Nobody else is ready right
>now.

Who else do we need? Bryan and Ziggler are there. They're ready. They just need the actual spotlight for awhile to prove it. There is no "could get there" with those two. They're ready. Ziggler's had two years worth of flirtations with the top of the card and his ring work is second to none right now.

His promos are always fire, his ring attire, mannerisms, everything is on point. Right down to the way he slides across the ring apron and everything. His entrance is dope, mic work is dope, he's got the dime side piece, a beastly body guard, he bumps like HBK and Flair, I mean, what else does he need? He's there. I think you're a bit jaded. This current crop is damn good, they're just not getting the light.

For these guys to 'get there', Vince simply needs to put them there and have some patience.