Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectHe played his usual manic depressive game and shouldered some
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2115777&mesg_id=2116420
2116420, He played his usual manic depressive game and shouldered some
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Mon Jan-21-13 11:34 AM
blame IMO. It was not his worst performance in a title game by any stretch, but yeah i think he deserved some criticism. that game was not all that unlike the arch of the SB loss to new england, only where they left points on the field in the first half against NE, they couldn't even muster that against Arizona. mcnabb played a horrendous first half, could not do a fucking thing on third down.

he had good support on the ground, i am not looking at the numbers but i bet philly outrushed arizona by a decent margin. even so they didn't bury themselves, mcnabb and company had a helluva second half but, again, in the end they had the ball with a shot to win and didn't. that was a recurring theme with mcnabb. while he didn't play a "bad" game, he sure as shit played a BAD half and then didn't get it done at the end.

mcnabb had a small lead at one point. ryan was dealing from a position of much more strength. he also turned it over twice at critical points, which mcnabb didn't. i think he had an interception in the game but i am having a hard time remembering it clearly.