Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI hope she goes hard on him
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2109456&mesg_id=2109606
2109606, I hope she goes hard on him
Posted by cyrus, Sat Jan-12-13 02:58 PM
More than the doping, I want to see him apologize for the way he treated everyone who dared tell what he now admits is the truth. However, history has shown us that Lance is extremely selfish and calculated in his actions, and I imagine that he's ensured that he won't have to go beyond the doping admission and acknowledge the fact that he willfully ruined lives to protect his empire.

There has been 15 years of lies and denials. After his Tour wins were stripped, he still claimed to be clean. He even fucking twitpic-ed a picture of him chilling on his couch surrounded by framed yellow jerseys! The denials were so recent and loud that I have a hard time believing this will be a full mea culpa. Obviously, the biggest deal here is the admission, so I can see O letting him off the hook on the other stuff in exchange. Hell, he might even claim he won the first one clean, and just HAD to dope to keep up with the riders who were trying to catch up him. Regardless, his ego is huge and lying has always been his solution, so I expect him to admit to doping so that he can spin whatever narrative around it that he feels best suits his interests going forward. There is a for profit wing of the livestrong brand, and protecting that is what this interview and admission is about.