Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWrong-o my friend
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2108145&mesg_id=2111689
2111689, Wrong-o my friend
Posted by subjctmattr, Mon Jan-14-13 06:47 PM
>>Has Pippen ever been the go to player on his own team?
>
>Twice actually. 94 Bulls & 00 Blazers, those were
>unquestionably Pippen's teams.

Nope Sheed and Steve Smith were better, and more clutch and the teams go to guys. Pippen was old and damn near finished.

>>Has Pippen ever had more than 1 year when it was even
>>debatable he was the best player on his own team?
>
>Dont be dense. Without MJ who is generally accepted as GOAT,
>Pippen was easily the 2nd best perimeter player in the league.

1- Dominique Wilken would beg to differ
2- That's not what I asked...ANSWER THE QUESTION I ASKED..He played on three teams...WAS HE EVER THE BEST PLAYER ON HIS OWN TEAM?

>>And even that year when it came down to it Kukoc bested him.
>
>foh, you basing this on one play, and you know it. You could
>have picked any other year but this one to make your point
>lol. This was Pippen's best season

So....he sat out the biggest play of the season.

>7× NBA All-Star (1990, 1992–1997)
>NBA All-Star Game MVP (1994)
>3× All-NBA First Team (1994–1996)
>2× All-NBA Second Team (1992, 1997)
>2× All-NBA Third Team (1993, 1998)
>8× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1992–1999)
>2× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1991, 2000)

I love how when debating if someone is OVERRATED, people debate it by bringing up his ratings. I LOVE THAT. HE CAN'T BE OVERRATED IF HE'S NOT RATED HIGHLY. SO ALL OF THESE RATINGS PROVE MY POINT.

All those ratings...and he still ain't shit.

**edit**
let me not say he ain't shit. That's silly. He was a good ball player a real good ball player. But Hall of Fame he ain't deserving, 50 greatest he ain't deserving, and Dream Team #1, he damn shit sure wasn't deserving. The Dream Team was some Batman shit, His Robin ass didn't belong on it.

Everyone looks good playing next to the GOAT. BJ ARMSTRONG MADE THE AL STAR TEAM!!
All the ratings you have listed came on the back of MJ. People look better when playing with GOAT level talent.

i remember when people were saying, "why would Lebron leave all that talent he had in Cleveland" My point exactly people look better when playing with superior talent.