Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMPLS titles count if 9 straight counts.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2108145&mesg_id=2111683
2111683, MPLS titles count if 9 straight counts.
Posted by Cold Truth, Mon Jan-14-13 06:18 PM
9 was what..... an 8 team league?

Further, why would I call Red Goat when we've got Feel, who won 11 total with two entirely different teams in the modern era?

At any rate, titles don't trump all, but they matter. I dunno if you're looking for some sort of set percentage of mathematical weighting or whatever... But it seems to me the only time rings DON'T matter is when we're talking about Kobe. Everyone else though? They're a big deal.

You know good and well RA is being dishonest about Kobe. You despise Kobe, so I'm not sure how much you personally look to discount his accomplishments and stature within the pantheon. I'm not ripping apart anyone's place in that pantheon, Bill Russell included, merely defending Kobe's place. RA doesn't want to admit to ANY greatness in Kobe that could possibly encroach on any of the established sacred cows, but it does.

If you agree that 80's Mike is as great as 90's Mike simply because of the outrageous numbers, there's no conversation to be had.