Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: type of player that endless money gets you isn't a motivated player
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2099249&mesg_id=2099343
2099343, RE: type of player that endless money gets you isn't a motivated player
Posted by all stah, Fri Dec-28-12 01:12 PM
I wouldn't say they are not motivated. My observation is that they have pieces that just do not mix, so they don't play well together, and a lot of players are self-absorbed and don't like each other or listen to each other.

Take Bosingwa. Bosingwa has never been quality. He has had his moments here and there, but nothing outstanding. However, he played hard for chelsea, and he gave effort at the right back position. Now, all of a sudden, he's dramatic and throwing fits?

It just does not make sense, so I think it is more than just being overpaid or getting big checks. It's easy for the pundits to point to that being the culprit when players who are expected to play well don't play wel....it's bigger than that

Do the players get along? Are players willing to share duties and listen to the coach? ....Do the players believe in the team's strategy and are on board 100 percent?

now Mbia and bosingwa are going at each other regarding listening to the coach and following his orders....I mean, nothing good can come out of that.

Would a player who is only concerned about money care about sitting on the bench?...So, obviously, there is some interest there, and players do want to play, but the chemistry and make up of the team are all wrong.