Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNo way I'm not gonna acknowledge the job Roman did
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2030147&mesg_id=2116974
2116974, No way I'm not gonna acknowledge the job Roman did
Posted by Beamer6178, Tue Jan-22-13 01:31 AM
Just a few posts above I was very critical of his abandonment of the run too early, to the detriment of the team. It's only fair to praise him when he does it right.

As bad as shit looked, I felt GOOOOD about the commitment to continue running. I was saying "GOOD. KEEP RUNNING" even down 17-0. That shit paid off. Our defense IS GREAT. Shutting out a team like that for a half is a hell of an accomplishment, especially after getting torched in the first half. It was key though that our offense slowed their momentum down and gave the D a blow. It was basically the manifestation of what I wished took place in every frustrating loss of the past two years. I was SCREAMING FOR IT LAST YEAR'S NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. It's like dude was listening in on my convos. BIG UPS TO GREG ROMAN.

I'm hyped as fuck for this Super Bowl and no disrespect to the Ravens and Flacco, but I think the quality of NFC defense is far and away superior to what the AFC currently has to offer, with the Steelers D no longer the dominant presence it was. I think it will be a good game but expect us to win it without last minute drama.