Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Crash, Beamer...forreal fellas, it ain't that big of a deal
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2030147&mesg_id=2112324
2112324, RE: Crash, Beamer...forreal fellas, it ain't that big of a deal
Posted by Beamer6178, Tue Jan-15-13 04:07 PM
>I've been watching the team improve just like ya'll have over
>the last 3-4 seasons. I'm just saying I see things in Kaep I
>didn't see in Alex over that span.
>
>Certain throws I don't think Alex makes, runs I know he can't
>make.
none of which is being disputed, but at the same time, there are certain turnovers or mishandles that Alex doesn't make either. Like the Pats game was hailed for what Kaep does that Alex couldn't, but think about all those bad snaps, who's to say we wouldn't have STILL beaten them by that much?

>I've seen enough of Alex to feel like a few of these games, we
>prolly don't win if he's the QB just off natural ability.
again, if we're talking natural ability, there is NO argument. but the game plan would be adjusted with a different QB and the offense could be less exposed as well

But
>as someone said, there's probably a few games we would have
>done better in if Alex was playing but I think that's more
>about his poise/experience than natural ability. Kaep's gonna
>learn that.
>
>In reference to last yr's game with NO's; the saints had 5
>TO's (Sacked Brees 3 times and he had pressure a lot of that
>game). Akers kicked 3 FG's and we STILL lost the lead in that
>game. This game, Kaep didn't have as much help from the
>D/TO's (2TO's) and never lost the lead once we got it. Akers
>kicked ONE FG. Takeaway that early pick 6 and it was damn
>near flawless.

Kaep was other-wordly Saturday night but let's not lose sight of the commitment to the running game, which I was screaming at the top of my lungs about in both the Saints and Giants game from last year. Obviously he was a large part of it Sat night but if we stay
committed to the run, I don't believe we can be beat.

Let's also not forget that Alex had less weapons to work with than Kaep did. Crabs from last year was NOT the Crabs we have now. That's a huge difference.

>It's just my opinion fellas. I could be dead ass wrong
>(wouldn't be mad about being wrong either) but either way, I
>feel more confident with Kaep at the helm, than I ever did
>with Alex.

I'll be honest, I liked Alex's season last year but the New Orleans game was some next shit and he showed me something, so while the dude is never going to be cannon armed, he's more than capable of leading a team to victory.

HOWEVER, with Justin Smith's status being questionable, Kaep's ability to make our offense more explosive is essential. As I've said to others, a healthy and functional Smitty makes our QBs interchangeable right now. My confidence first and foremost lies in our defense; either QB can get the job done, just hoping the one we got starting is all it takes to get that ring.