Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAgreed, disagree on a few points
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2030147&mesg_id=2094521
2094521, Agreed, disagree on a few points
Posted by Beamer6178, Mon Dec-17-12 02:06 PM
>Not from a standings standpoint but from a solidification
>standpoint.
>
>-On the road
>-Poor weather (rain)
>-Playing against a GREAT QB
>-Our QB sitch still kinda new/uneasy
As far as I'm concerned, my stance on the Giants game was always "it will be a good win" but still won't make right for unfinished January business.

With Kaep at the helm, against THAT QB and THAT COACH, with THAT team playing well, and with OUR DEFENSE, it was very important for us.

>Considering the Pats had just destroyed Hou and were playing
>well, for our D to stifle Brady and that O for 2.5 quarters
>and then put the squeeze on again to close the game was
>important. The comeback was concerning but you know what,
>anytime you play against Brady, Rodgers, either Manning or
>Drew, there's always a chance they just get hot and light you
>up. Hell Brady flung 50+ passes, we not gonna stop him all
>game with that many passes.
should have been by more. my man and I were watching early and HEATED at Carlos and at the playcalling that resulted in Delanie's fumble. I mean fuck all this "Brady almost came back" we damn sure should have had those fools signed sealed delivered by the end of the 3rd.

>
>This game also solidified Kaep as the starter as being a GOOD
>decision.
which is what i needed and what i was screaming for. if he was put in because of what he could do, then he needed to DO IT, because up to that point there wasn't enough in our offense to differentiate Kaep running it from Alex in the previous 4 games.

>I dunno about ya'll but I feel if Alex was the QB,
>a few of those TD's woulda been FG's and NE woulda WON this
>game on the comeback.
Yes, but there might have been other TDs and more sustained drives, those snaps were atrocious. Also, the game would have been called differently, and the way our defense was stunting, a 21 point lead would have been safer with Alex IMO. Not saying Kaep didn't show out, but I just can't speculate on what would have happened with Alex.

>Kaep is special, young, but special and
>his time is now. No disrespect to Alex. And the team should
>be all in on him now if they weren't before.
The team was all in from the time he took the helm I think.

>10-3-1 keeps us ahead of GB for the bye. We get one more and
>I think we'll lock it up.
I'm not afraid to play road games. THE DEFENSE TRAVELS.

>I think the momentum of this game is great also going into the
>SEA game (with them posting 50 spots the past two weeks).
yeah, I like that. NBC jumped on that shit with the QUICKNESS.

>Hands down, to me, most important game and Win to date.
i appreciate that these games are so hard fought. was reading about this game and agree that if we had stunted on the Pats like we SHOULD have, perhaps our edge wouldn't be there like it needs to be with Seattle. I think these dudes are playing with a chip and it won't be lifted until they get a ring. P Willis breaking through for that backfield tackle was fucking DISGUSTING. He's channeling 2000 Ray Lewis right now, the amount of disruptions he can cause on a field is frightening. SO glad he's on our side.