Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThat was probably the most important game of the season IMO
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2030147&mesg_id=2094391
2094391, That was probably the most important game of the season IMO
Posted by auragin_boi, Mon Dec-17-12 11:38 AM
Not from a standings standpoint but from a solidification standpoint.

-On the road
-Poor weather (rain)
-Playing against a GREAT QB
-Our QB sitch still kinda new/uneasy

Considering the Pats had just destroyed Hou and were playing well, for our D to stifle Brady and that O for 2.5 quarters and then put the squeeze on again to close the game was important. The comeback was concerning but you know what, anytime you play against Brady, Rodgers, either Manning or Drew, there's always a chance they just get hot and light you up. Hell Brady flung 50+ passes, we not gonna stop him all game with that many passes.

This game also solidified Kaep as the starter as being a GOOD decision. I dunno about ya'll but I feel if Alex was the QB, a few of those TD's woulda been FG's and NE woulda WON this game on the comeback. Kaep is special, young, but special and his time is now. No disrespect to Alex. And the team should be all in on him now if they weren't before.

10-3-1 keeps us ahead of GB for the bye. We get one more and I think we'll lock it up.

I think the momentum of this game is great also going into the SEA game (with them posting 50 spots the past two weeks).

Hands down, to me, most important game and Win to date.