Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectKap @ NO: things i loved and things that have me worried.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2030147&mesg_id=2079307
2079307, Kap @ NO: things i loved and things that have me worried.
Posted by FortifiedLive, Mon Nov-26-12 02:41 PM
back from Turkey break.

so the things i loved?
it's obviously his ability to run, avoid the pass rush, and his laser-rocket arm - like everyone else.
he's confident and it shows.
that pass he threaded in between defenders into a spot only Crabs could get it? too bad Crabs dropped it 'cause that shit was beautiful.

my worries?
INTs / turnovers.
that first INT was erased by a Brees pick-6.
what should've been a second INT (IN THE END ZONE!) was saved by Moss.

this team is built around an offense that isn't supposed to turn it over, and we could've lost the game because of either one of those plays. this is a team that should be better than last year's that barely missed the Super Bowl. they're messing with the game plan/formula that got them there and that they worked on in the summer.

to conclude, the verdict is still out for this season, for me at least. i still think Kap should be held back until next season - when the offense can be tweaked and designed for his abilities; as of right now, i think it's obviously built for Alex - it's conservative, and in turn limits Kap's potential. i just hope this doesn't cost us in the playoffs.

before you say i'm hating, i'm not in any way saying that Kap's not ready -- i'm saying that our team, by design, is not ready for Kap. the short off-season hurt us last year and the switch to Kap gives me that same feeling. hope the kid proves that's not the case; i'm rooting for him.