Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBack from vacation so let me weigh in on the QB thing right quick
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2030147&mesg_id=2079112
2079112, Back from vacation so let me weigh in on the QB thing right quick
Posted by OldPro, Mon Nov-26-12 11:22 AM
Just let me finish cracking up first... cause when I clicked on this post I just knew I'd see a certain person in here revving up his already failed agenda... he didn't disappoint lol

Any way about Kaep & Alex... truthfully I was pretty uneasy about them throwing the kid into a game like this in a dome like that. But he did fine... better than fine really. Some big plays that were wiped out by penalties, bad calls and drops... but as it ended up his numbers looked very Alex like in the end. But the difference is the big play ability and being able to make a play on the fly... those are the two biggest reasons I'm fully in the Kaepernick camp this morning. Now I think Alex would also have won both these two games vs the Bears and Saints... and with Alex we might have won the Ram too game seeing as the offense was just getting in rhythm when he left... but Kaep has answered the one question I had that would have given me pause to make the switch... The question of poise. Now that I've seen him under center in real game action for close to 11 quarters it's foolish not to admit the time for the change is at hand.

The anti Smith contingent will of course use this as an opportunity to go back on their offensive but this switch is more about Kaep than Alex. We're not talking about replacing Alex with Shaun Hill, JT O'Sullivan or Troy Smith here... we're talking a big, young, mobile QB with a rocket arm that's now proven he's ready to play. Alex has proven he can win with this team and in turn has proven himself... I see a good half dozen or more teams that could use Alex right now... bottom line is Alex will land on his feet and be fine.

But what some of you Alex haters need to get through your heads is those of us in here are 9er fans first... only thing that's ever mattered to me is we have the right guy behind center... and right now that guy is Collin Kaepernick. But more than anything I'm just happy to have two guys at the position I know we can win with down the stretch.