Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectnah its a pretty easy decision really
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2030147&mesg_id=2075870
2075870, nah its a pretty easy decision really
Posted by IceburgSmurf, Tue Nov-20-12 04:41 PM
>It's hilarious how cats are 100% sure that kaep is the answer
>but all stuck on when to hand him the keys...
>If kap is the man he's the man. Experience goes only so far
>unless you are suggesting that Alex is a good enough fusion of
>talent and experience but in that case a good game from a back
>up wouldn't generate such discussion

You've seen one great performance for the team with Kaep at the controls. To assume yesterdays performance was all about him is dumb. I rewatched highlights this morning and to a man on the O-line + gore they were manhandling the bears. I didnt see kaep have to deal with any pressure situations or coming back from a deficit in this his one starting game scenario.

You were quite close to getting to the SB last year with the alex smith led offense. Who is to say what would have happened if you played the pats but this group isnt far from getting over the top. Logic wuld dictate that you stick with smith because you know EXACTLY what you have with him highs and lows.

Im always throwing shots with the gamemanager tag but he is the best kind of gamemanager. like matt schaub he is the perfect QB for the super physical ball control offense you have so logically it makes sense to stick with him.

People always like to extrapolate upwards regardless of the tiny sample size (see matt flynn) maybe we've seen kaep at his best, maybe yesterday was his ceiling, maybe yesterday's game is the type of game he has 2/6 games. Fact of the matter is the 49ers are ready to win now they managed to keep everyone (i think) from last year and add a bit.

and finally the brady/roethelisberger comparisons are erroneous as when they both came in young/mid season they gamemanaged their way to titles. Whilst you know smith can game manage you don't know how kaep will do in pressure situations.