Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectany objective basketball discussion involving kobe in 2012
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2028578&mesg_id=2029124
2029124, any objective basketball discussion involving kobe in 2012
Posted by rob, Tue Sep-04-12 06:30 PM
is going to involve kobe "hate" because kobe isn't that great.

it's a fact that other than bron and durant, every other nba team would be better if they switched any wing player for paul and let the rest sort itself out in a season or two.

that's the point that got us here.

you wanted to bring in some bullshit about "who the lakers gonna play at 2" when you know the lakers have failed to maximize or develop guard/wing talent during kobe's tenure. and as much as that falls on f.o. and coaching, the kobe hole surely plays a part as well.

yes he almost led the league in scoring. he also shot his lowest percentage in over a decade and took more shots per game than he ever has. so it wouldn't be out of pocket at all to dump kobe for a superior player at the point and then figure out sg later. i dare say most people would take even a paul/battier situation with that post play over sessions/kobe. i don't think paul/sessions would be all that different than what a lot of teams do these days given the amount of hybrid points out there.

so this shit really isn't about kobe. i'd take paul for parker in a minute. thunder would probably take paul for westbrook. those just wouldn't devolve into plea coppage because most nba fans here are reasonable.