Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectnah, I think you need to re-read what Truth is saying in regards to Paul
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2028578&mesg_id=2029040
2029040, nah, I think you need to re-read what Truth is saying in regards to Paul
Posted by vee-lover, Tue Sep-04-12 03:50 PM
He is essentially questioning Paul's status as a franchise player

>carmelo is a "franchise player" and has a worse playoff
>record
>truth is just saying cp3 is elevated above other franchise
>players who have achieved more

I'm not so sure Melo is really a franchise player though...I know some on here will say otherwise but what has he achieved individually and team-wise to earn such a status? nothing outside of playing on and winning 2 gold medals on an Olympic team that would've won w/o him anyway...has he ever made ONE 1st team ALL NBA? Has he ever been in the top 3 candidates for MVP? Paul, on the other hand, has been a serious candidate for MVP several times and SHOULD HAVE WON THE MVP THAT WAS GIVEN TO BEAN IN 2008 and he's made 1st TEAM ALL NBA before not to mention we've seen him get more out of below average talent than any player not named Lebron could've done.

and to this point abt Paul getting so called elevated over other franchise player, look at the players he compared to Paul...Kobe/Westbrook/Melo...all have been surrounded by talented players eons better than Paul has played with pre-Clippers. When the BEST player he played with the entire time he was in NO is David West, I don't see how you can hold it against him that he hasn't at least played in an NBA championship...also, at a time when the West was stacked with really good teams from top to bottom.