Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLords of the Board: Andre Drummond , Kevin Love
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2706464&mesg_id=2706464
2706464, Lords of the Board: Andre Drummond , Kevin Love
Posted by allStah, Mon Nov-04-19 03:42 PM
Dennis Rodman is considered the greatest rebounder of all time, and I don't have a problem with that. I'm from Chicago, so I watched this guy throw his body all over the court to get a rebound. However, there are times when I wake up, and I say Charles Barkely is the greatest rebounder of all time, considering he was 6-3/6-4 and pulling down 14 rebounds a night ( that being his highest average for a season).

He averaged double digits in rebounds in all but one season of his career, his rookie season. Rodman didn't avg double digits in rebounds in his first 4 seasons. Rodman avgeraged double digits in rebounds in 10 seasons. Barkley had double digits in 15 seasons, and in those last 5-6 seasons his back was dead. Rodman played for 14 seasons. Barkley played for 16 seasons.

So some days I think it's Rodman. Some days I think it's barkley.

In this day and age, when I think of the best rebounders in the game, only 2 come to mind: Andre Drummond and Kevin Love. Andre Drummond just had his third game of getting 20 boards, and is avg 18.7 a game. Kevin Love has been on a tear with or without Lebron, currently avg 15.7 a game. Both are Lords of the Board.

Their understanding of positioning is a science and an art, so it's not just about power, but they have a great understanding of what the ball is going to do when it comes off the rim.

Drummond currently has a career rebounding avg that is the highest of all time(13.8), even higher than rodman's (13.1). His rebounding percentage is the highest of all time as well. He has already won 4 rebounding titles, and he is 26 years old. I don't think I will ever consider him the greatest of all time because of his height and the height of rodman and barkley. But if he keeps this up as he enters his prime, ( which should go for 6 years, 26-32), it will be almost impossible to not consider him. And if he goes beyond 32 still putting up insane numbers, just thinking about that is mind blowing..