Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDavis put on a show.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2651534&mesg_id=2651892
2651892, Davis put on a show.
Posted by Vex_id, Sat Apr-21-18 11:00 PM
He's the goods. Ridiculous reflexes - blazing hand speed - heavy, thudding power in both hands - and a supreme counter puncher. Such a gifted fighter. Clinical finishing touches tonight.

Charlo used to be a guy who was thought to be more craft than power - but as of late an angry streak has turned him into a big-puncher looking to end fights early and often. Would love to see a Charlo-Hurd fight.

Broner-Vargas was fascinating. I did not expect Broner to come on so strong late. He was in great condition for this fight and I do think the fresh coach/voice in his corner paid dividends. I also did not expect Vargas to fade like he did - but he was expending inordinate energy early by moving around so much -- had a lot of nervous energy in the first half of the fight which scored well w/ flurrying activity - but drained him late. Broner impressed the hell out of me the second half of the fight. But he's been getting off to such slow starts that he digs himself in a huge hole. Ever since Maidana he's just been inexplicably giving away the early rounds in an extended 'feel out' stage.

-->