Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMAN I JUST FUCKING CAN'T. Rest in power, Doc, your legend lives on
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2629316&mesg_id=2629348
2629348, MAN I JUST FUCKING CAN'T. Rest in power, Doc, your legend lives on
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Nov-07-17 07:02 PM
I never missed a chance to see this guy pitch against the Halos or Yanks and I saw him flirt with no-nos, just be dominant pretty much every time out. I don't think I ever saw him lose and the one no-decision I saw he had a no-no going into the 7th or 8th in a great pitchers' duel.

When he came to the Phillies I was on cloud fuckin' nine, man, especially given how good they had been immediately before his arrival. I saw him pitch more gems in red. It was a fuckin' travesty what happened in 2011, that was, by many measures, the best Phils team ever and he was incredible that year.

I was talking to my mom on the phone when I saw the news and I almost couldn't continue. Just shocking. He was such a class player, too, he wanted to be comfortable, win and be in a good situation. He made a lot of money in his career but he could have made more if he were a mercenary like so many athletes. I am still in shock about this. It hurts.