Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectlike it. my thoughts.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2608900&mesg_id=2609328
2609328, like it. my thoughts.
Posted by bshelly, Fri May-19-17 10:34 AM

>-Trade up for the Lakers #2 (give them a future 1st, say 2020
>or 21 and #3)
>-Draft ball at #2

i've definitely thought about what it would take to make this happen. the lakers either need to fall in love with another prospect, in which case your scenario works, OR we have to give them back their back next year. i wouldn't be willing to do the latter. the former could work, presuming we can send them a pick that isn't 2018. kinda of feel like the lakers will be all in for ball though.

>-Look to move Okafor for relative value (late 1st this yr or
>future 1st and a vet)

i hope the idea is to trade okafor on draft night for a team that doesn't really want to use its pick. that might get us a pick after 20 in the first round, which would probably mean draft and stash. I honestly might prefer a couple high second rounders. but that's the level we'll be able to get for him.

>^^^That's a playoff team in the East and they probably win 52
>games year 1.

dogg, if we get a healthy embiid for 60 games, we're going to the playoffs even if 1-4 is Duke Bust All Star Team. 60 games of embiid is all nba.

>Not light speed but swiftly:

fwiw, i'm almost certain this is the path we'll take.

>-Go after Lowry or Caldwell-Pope or Otto

i'm actually fine with lowry, even though years 3 and 4 of that contract are going to suck. Ben's eventually going to be the offense's engine, but lowry would allow him to ease into the roll and provide the perimeter scoring the team needs to grow.

no way washington is letting porter get away. kcp might be poachable depending on how svg wants to play things, but a max for a dude who's never going to be more than the 4th player on a good team feels gross.