Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYou really playing the “it’s not like he killed her” card?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2525856&mesg_id=2527038
2527038, You really playing the “it’s not like he killed her” card?
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Mar-24-16 10:32 AM
It’s astounding how so many people use that extreme as the barometer with so many things, but I digress.

>Most normal men wouldn't just brush the shit off when she's
>not working and you paying her way in life...
>you skipping over that part of it..

Nothing to skip over. I wasn’t commenting on Barnes/Fish, I was commenting on the general sentiment but since we’re here I’ll bite.

It still doesn’t matter. As I’ve said… you can be as cool or heated as you want. Be mad. Whatever.

And? Then what? Go get an attorney. Go to court. Write letters and change alimony laws and what have you. Traveling to fight dude doesn’t resolve anything. All it does is appease your ego and make you feel like a real man in front of your friends because you “didn’t allow it”.

How did this work out for Matt? All he did was create a situation where their relationship became public. Once it went public they lost all incentive for discretion. All he did was push his own face in it.

You can talk about how easy it is for me to say this, but the fact is I’ve been left for another dude. In fact, I walked in on them in bed together.... and that was after dealing with an on/off relationship for four years. I have the benefit of experience and even then I was smart enough not to fight over someone who didn’t care enough about me to give me that courtesy and respect to cut things off before moving on and not fuck my friends.

Mad and hurt as I was, why the fuck would I fight over someone who so clearly cared so little for me? I eventually found a way to move on and made a great life for myself while she wound up in a shitty relationship had two kids who wound up in foster care and did absolutely nothing good with her life. The dude she ultimately left me for wound up going missing before he was found a year later with his head hanging from a tree and she wound up getting hit by a car and killed walking in the middle of the night.

The moral here? The best revenge is to live well. Trifling people will stay in trifling situations and it does you no good what so ever to continue fight for someone who just plain doesn’t want you anymore.

And that’s what this is all about: dude was hurt and reacted in the weakest way possible. You might think he showed himself to be a real man who didn’t stand for no shit but in truth? That was the weakest move he or anyone else in that situation could have possibly made. He was hurt, his feelings were hurt, his pride and ego were hurt because she doen’t love or respect him enough to wait until the divorce is final to move on, so he lashed out the way a child does.