Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI never like the "why are you commenting on it?" argument.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2466027&mesg_id=2466052
2466052, I never like the "why are you commenting on it?" argument.
Posted by Frank Longo, Wed Jul-15-15 11:24 AM
A media member asked him about it. That's why. He could've chosen to say "no comment," or he could've chose to answer. He chose to answer. It's not like he called a journalist out of the blue saying "LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT REGGIE JACKSON."

(Edit: not that a player should feel compelled to comment on every question an idiot journalist might ask-- but I think the issue being asked about here isn't one of those.)

And it's hard to compare NBA salary talk to regular joe salary talk, because (1) our precise salaries/signing bonuses/benefits aren't often out there for the world to see, (2) the media doesn't give a shit about our salaries, (3) the media doesn't write articles about our salaries for the rest of the world to debate, and (4) we don't have multiple conversations with the media per week, who at any time may ask us what we think about player salaries.

Seeing as how he *immediately* said that he shouldn't think Jackson and players under the current CBA should be paid less than they are, and he's happy players are getting as much money as they can, I don't really see anything offensive in what Wall said.

Wall also probably knows that, if Jackson beats the shit out of him on the floor at any point, his comments will burn the fuck out of him. He's acutely aware-- he just doesn't think it will happen.