Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI actually like what they are doing in Philly
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2421405&mesg_id=2421560
2421560, I actually like what they are doing in Philly
Posted by auragin_boi, Tue Feb-17-15 09:46 AM
I think MCW is eventually gonna breakthrough. He's angry and someone angry at losing (and simply not full of disdain) is the type of guy who will work hard to prove everyone wrong.

The young guys are getting lots of experience. And I've watched a few philly games and they are usually in the games I've seen but they either blow it at the end or the other team just has more weapons when needed.

The core guys are promising: MCW, Wroten, KJ, Noel, Embiid...and they've found w hidden gem in Covington. That's not even including Saric.

Another top 3 pick and I think they are in business. Would be interesting if they landed #1 or 2. Gotta imagine they'd take Okafor or Towns which means Noel or Embiid is likely traded if they keep them or the pick gets traded for a veteran haul.

I think they could be next year's Mil. They certainly have as much upside on their roster:

Knight - MCW
Mayo - Wroten
Giannis - Covington
Jabari - Noel
Henson - Embiid
Middleton - Covington
Wolters - KJ
Sanders - Mbah a Moute

And Philly gets to add either another top 3-4 pick or a good vet/star in exchange for their pick this summer.

If Jason Kidd in Mil has taught me anything is that a talented roster just needs the right coach. Larry Drew was HORRIBLE for that team last year and they have pretty much the same roster minus Jabari but he's hurt and they are still winning. So Brown might need to be replaced but maybe not...OKC was patient and it paid off. Philly maybe can do the same. I think Shelly is being a bit homer with the predictions but playoff competitive is definitely within reach (especially in the east).