Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectZidane 06 is possibly the greatest sports performance I've ever seen.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2332180&mesg_id=2335347
2335347, Zidane 06 is possibly the greatest sports performance I've ever seen.
Posted by denny, Sun Jun-08-14 04:16 PM
I was really young for Maradona's big year....but I can't imagine him controlling the game like that.

It wasn't just Brazil neither. Every game was a masterpiece. That header against Italy should've gone in. I can't see any player in this tournament that has a chance to do something like that this year. I'm resigned to the fact we may never see something like that ever again.

The best way I can describe it....it's like he was seeing the game from the zoomed out camera angle that the audience sees. Everytime he has the ball....he makes the perfect decision....finds the open space (or creates the open space) Like he's looking at the game from a blimp. It's easy for the audience to see where the ball should go. Not so easy at field-level. And some of the most beautiful stuff was the subtler decisions too. Not just the popular hilite material. You really have to rewatch the games to know how special it was.