Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBig Cuz aka Boogie Smooth (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2311481&mesg_id=2311481
2311481, Big Cuz aka Boogie Smooth (swipe)
Posted by snacks, Mon Mar-31-14 11:24 AM
This is like ... actually happening ... I think.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2011611-demarcus-cousins-readies-rb-debut-song-emotional-under-alias-boogie-smooth?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Whether the world is ready for it or not, it will soon get its first dose of "Boogie Smooth."

Sacramento Kings star center DeMarcus Cousins is dipping his toes into the music industry, and he's set to release an R&B album dubbed Misunderstood.

The mercurial four-year pro has certainly had his fair share of erratic moments on and off the court, so it's nearly impossible to predict what kind of recording artist he'll be.

Cousins gave us a sneak peak of his album cover Sunday night on Instagram:

"Coming soon...click link in my bio to hear sneak peak of my new single feat the homie @chancetherapper off my R&B album #BoogieSmooth"

It's not the first time a high-profile athlete has turned to the microphone, and several NBA stars have dabbled in the performing arts over the years.

Guys like Shaquille O'Neal, Metta World Peace, Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson and Tony Parker have all performed or recorded albums or tracks with varying degrees of success. Recently, Damian Lillard spoke about releasing an album in the near future. Boogie is the latest to join his NBA brethren in expressing himself through song.

Considering the title of the album, this new venture into music could be a great opportunity for him to tell his story and show that he's not as much of a problem child as he's made out to be. He's garnered a substantial amount of negative press early in his career, so maybe this is his way of sending a message.

Does he have any talent or rhythm? Looks like we're going to find out soon.