Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThis is kind of complex
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2263748&mesg_id=2263841
2263841, This is kind of complex
Posted by Tiger Woods, Tue Nov-19-13 10:36 AM
Because I think any team will be hard pressed to beat the Saints at home in an NFC title game.

Now the odds will be almost as challenging in Seattle, especially for the Saints who struggled mightily there a few years ago to a lesser Seahawks team than is there now. Furthermore, the Saints have proven they're an entirely different team outdoors on the road. If Seattle gets rain? Or it's even dry but still 36 degrees, at night, with THAT noise? Bottom line is the Saints will have a really hard out in that environment.

BUT The Panthers are a different story. They've proven through about half of a NFL season that they're not afraid of anyone, day or night, cold or dome, 1pm Sunday or prime time. That's a badass football team with a GREAT pass rush, a pass rush whose only rival in the NFC is, ironically, the Seahawks.

So I think that while the Saints are likely to win their division, they'd perform worse in Seattle than Carolina would. I'm chomping at the bit for a Carolina/Seattle NFC title game right now.