Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Bovada has Memphis guy at like 7-1 odds
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2152996&mesg_id=2153563
2153563, RE: Bovada has Memphis guy at like 7-1 odds
Posted by MaxPtah, Tue Mar-26-13 08:52 PM
I like Pastner, a lot of people wanted him out of town, but he constantly gets good recruits here. Is he a good x's and o's coach? Nope, but he's a lot better than he was when he got the job. He's basically learning on the job right now and I think he's doing damn good and I'm glad he re-upped. He's running a program that has no off the court problems and the players graduate (that's what about 60% of the contingent here really want too). He don't have the greasy car salesman thing going either, lol. He's a genuinely good dude and he'll chat you up at anytime. I saw him coming out of a restaurant right before his first year of coaching and I just told him "good luck on the job" and we proceeded to talk about Memphis basketball for like 15 mins out in the parking lot, I had to leave, lol. The only way I'd be nervous for him leaving is if the Arizona job came open, but Miller's doing a damn good job over there.