Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectdude, I see nearly every game of his, he's not playing well.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2121095&mesg_id=2121248
2121248, dude, I see nearly every game of his, he's not playing well.
Posted by Bombastic, Mon Jan-28-13 05:01 PM
He's a turnover machine, he's got no bounce (this I'll give him a pass due to the back but I'm not convinced it's returning to the point that made him special ever again), he's got zero post moves (never did really), he isn't impacting the game defensively (again, back has something to do with that but again it's pretty clear his biggest attribute was his freakish athleticism that's not seemingly returning anytime soon), his free-throws are worse than ever (that ain't the back, that's the head) and his mental makeup/approach is questionable at absolute best.

The only good things you can say about Dwight Howard right now come with a caveat, like 'he's playing well for being in a new system while still not being fully healthy' or 'he's still the best center in the league, by default'.

But 'playing well' by any even close to relative scale, he's really not.

He's giving you 16 & 12 while being a locker-room issue, not being the defensive player folks advertise & having to be hidden late in games.

By any reasonable standard that his status has previously set, he kinda sucks right now.