Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectArgylle (Matthew Vaughn, 2024)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=749915
749915, Argylle (Matthew Vaughn, 2024)
Posted by bwood, Wed Jan-31-24 12:09 PM
Yikes and yeesh!

What a truly terrile movie. The premise is good and it starts fine. But once, we get the big reveal of Agent Argylle's identity it goes downhill pretty quickly from there.

The action is not as good as what you'd expect from Matthew Vaughn. Shit even Kick-Ass had better fights.

The needle drops are a choice. The CGI is SO BAD. The entire movie looks to be shot in front of a green screen except for a vineyard. Shit looks artificial as fuck. Bryce Dallas Howard and Sam Rockwell have no chemistry. And I feel bad as both of them are comitted.

Would love to see a action movie with Henry Cavill and John Cena.

How Jason Fuchs keeps getting his scripts made is maddening.

Some one lemme know what the "game-changing" mid-credits scene was. I bolted.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mgu9mNZ8Hk
749916, The CGI looks terrible in the trailer
Posted by Ashy Achilles, Wed Jan-31-24 12:54 PM
749975, Really, really bad.
Posted by Frank Longo, Fri Feb-09-24 03:45 AM
Vaughn needs to be stopped. A couple of fine 3-star type movies early on have somehow gotten him the reputation of Go-To Franchise Guy, and it’s so unearned— especially now that he continues to increasingly lean hard hard hard into awful smeary CGI.

Think this plot could’ve been a silly good time if it’s a 100 minute movie with kickass action. Instead it’s 2 and a half hours with ugly visuals, incomprehensible action, obnoxious editing choices, and the least charismatic Cavill performance you’ll ever see.
749977, ^^^^^^^^
Posted by bwood, Fri Feb-09-24 12:40 PM
750170, this was worse than Madame Web imo
Posted by pretentious username, Sun Mar-17-24 12:26 PM
Madame Web was at least trying to be a coherent movie and occasionally ventures into "so bad it's good" territory. This one couldn't be more of a snoozefest. A movie on autopilot if I've ever seen one, which wouldn't be so bad if it was the 4th or 5th movie in a franchise, but it's trying to JUMPSTART a franchise. The CGI was a complete mess and every twist was worse than the last.

>Some one lemme know what the "game-changing" mid-credits scene
>was. I bolted.

*SPOILERS I guess*

They're trying to build a shared universe between this and the Kingsmen (I liked the first couple Kingsmen movies alright, but is anyone clamoring for more?) and also announced "Argylle: Book One – The Movie" which will likely never see the light of day now.