Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectPart 7: The Jedi, the Witch, and the Warlord
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=748908&mesg_id=749176
749176, Part 7: The Jedi, the Witch, and the Warlord
Posted by soulfunk, Tue Oct-03-23 09:36 PM
Love the title. This was…okay as a finale. Had some great moments in it. The Nighttrooper fight, Morgan’s ritual with the mothers and then her fight with Ahsoka, live action Ezra is amazing, etc.

I guess my biggest issue with it though is just so much that is unresolved. Part of that is me and the way I watch shows - I give all of the benefit of the doubt during a season because I want to give them time to see how everything resolves. And I didn’t expect them to resolve everything at all - I expected this season to end on a “bad” note, but this is a LOT.

Part of that is knowing Ray Stevenson unfortunately passed away so that isn’t going to resolve the way they planned it. But him just being in this in the middle of a montage, while introducing the Morris Gods into the show (for those who don’t know - he was standing on the hand of the Father, with the Son next to it and a crumbled Daughter on the other side) seems like TOO much of a literal cliffhanger.

That being said, I do need to have patience to see how it will play out as the story continues.

The one scene I flat out didn’t like though was Ezra’s reunion with Hera. It just feels corny to me to have the fake tension of him unnecessarily wearing the Stormtrooper helmet as he got off of the ship. I get what they were trying to do, with that being a bookend from the opening of the series when Baylan and Shin flew that same class of shuttle onto a New Republic ship and slaughtered them. But it took me out of the scene a bit.

We’ll see. I’ll watch this one again when I rewatch the season.