Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectSo, has Gus considered the possibility that Lalo is in Germany?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=744106&mesg_id=744460
744460, So, has Gus considered the possibility that Lalo is in Germany?
Posted by stravinskian, Fri May-13-22 01:38 PM

When I first watched the episode I thought it was so surprising for Lalo to be in Germany, Gus and Mike couldn't have thought of that. And that still seems to be the implication they're pushing on us.

But then I noticed one of those "explainer" stories online, and the headline referred to the "Spice Curls" scene.

Early in the episode, while Gus was trying to distract himself, he went to work the cash registers. He upsold that guy on their "signature spice curls!" The guy agreed to add them to the order, and then Gus suddenly started to panic and stare into space (until someone dropped some trays and caused a distraction).

At the time, not remembering that there was some evidence to be found for Lalo in Germany, this just seemed like another case of Gus being so worried that he can't think straight.

But in the timeline of the show, Gus visited Germany to introduce the Signature Spice Curls (c) to the Madrigal board and other restaurants just a few weeks earlier.

So was his panic brought on by a thought like "Oh shit, what are we doing about the Germans?!"

It certainly doesn't seem like he's convinced that Lalo is in Germany, because Gus continued to wander around paranoid for the rest of the episode, and didn't (apparently) bring the issue up with Mike. It seems like if he was sure about this he'd have Mike on the next plane to deal with the Jungs.