Go back to previous topic
Forum namePass The Popcorn
Topic subjectJeremy Renner is a Bad Ass in Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount+ 2022)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=743536&mesg_id=743536
743536, Jeremy Renner is a Bad Ass in Mayor of Kingstown (Paramount+ 2022)
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Mon Feb-07-22 02:42 PM
I think I use to wonder his appeal pre-Hawkeye series. Hawkeye was dope because dude played the part that he looked, and he looks like a bruised up lump of ground beef. Douse that lump of ground beef with his alcohol, and you have his character in Mayor of Kingstown.

The show is dark, and its really hard to figure out his motivation, but damn if every time he walked up to greet someone with a punch to the face I was rootin for him.

A lot is going on in this show at any given time and the last couple of episodes are nuts, I can see why the reviews are mixed because its dark and violent in ways that I fast forwarded a couple of scenes, but damn I binged the ish out of this series.

I guess more folks would be talking about it more if it were on another streamer, but I am not mad I got paramount+ just to watch it.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"